Shopping Vegan in Bucks: Bucks County Vegan checks out the Specialty Foods Section of Peddler's Village in Lahaska, PA
Peddler's Village is a well-known shopping village in Lahaska, Bucks County adjacent to the New Hope and Buckingham areas. Often sought after by visitors throughout the Philadelphia region and a very popular must-see with tourists to our region, this shopping village is notable for it's beautiful atmosphere and special spot in Bucks County history.
Built in 1962, the village was inspired by historic and colonial villages. Today the 42 acre village still features many shops and restaurants all situated about a beautifully landscaped walking path. The village even includes a replica of a historic watermill.
Peddler’s Village is anchored by the famous Cock n' Bull restaurant (traditional menu) which has operated within the village since it's opening, and is now home to more than 60 shops in distinct categories. These include 'gallery and artisans,' 'beer, wine and spirits,' 'collectibles and gifts,' 'fashion and accessories,' 'international, lifestyle and home,' 'lodging,' 'services,' 'specialty foods' and 'gifts and toys, books, sports and hobbies.'
Recently we decided to see if we could find any vegan and plant-based options within the specialty food section of the village where shoppers can find specialty prepackaged foods and gifts. We were pretty pleased with what we found and we believe the options will even grow in the future. We present our findings by shop below. To learn more about what makes and item vegan and / or plant-based click here.
- This shop sells specialty pastas and high quality oils and dressings. Not all pastas or oils are marked as vegan or are vegan but many contain simple and clean ingredients that many shoppers might find suitable. Just check the packaging. Staff is helpful, knowledgeable and friendly.
The Lucky Cupcake Company
- This bakery in the village sells cupcakes, cookies and other traditional baked goods. Clearly marked vegan options are available each day. Some at room temperature are ready-to-eat and some refrigerated are ready to take home or to your small party. Larger orders can be made ahead of time. We'd love to see a vegan cookie but can report that the cupcakes are delicious. Some items can be made vegan if ordered in advance. Staff was helpful and informative about which items were vegan and pointed us in the right direction immediately.
Savory Spice Shop
- This shop sells spices and marinades. A few dressings are noted as vegan as well. Many spices are available for cooking. Check labels. Packaging that includes dairy is clearly marked with warning labels - very helpful.
Clusters Handcrafted Popcorn
- This shop sells specialty seasoned popcorn ready to go. Has dairy-free options, not marked as vegan. These may or may not be vegan but we are thrilled to see that many of the popcorns are dairy-free.
Skip's Candy Corner
- This staple of the village sells traditional fudge and candy. The shop has a few but not many vegan options including prepackaged Taza brand toffee flavor and other chocolates. We'd love to see a vegan fudge option in the future! (meaning dairy butter, milk, and egg free) We're going to keep posted.
- Honey is an animal product and since vegan is a label for 'no animal products or byproducts' honey is not vegan.. but what you will find here is a wealth of knowledge and information about honey bees thanks to the knowledgeable expert staff. If you're interested in that, this shop can be very helpful.
Bucks County House of Jerky
- This shop has vegan jerkies in addition to their other selection but carries other products that some shoppers may want to avoid.
BUCKS COUNTY Vegan
Exploring & sharing delicious veg' friendly foods in & around Bucks County PA. 🌱Bucks County Pennsylvania is centrally located between Philadelphia & NYC. ☕️Follow us on Instagram @buckscountyvegan. Twitter @BucksVegan.